27/10/2010: 2010 Dr. Jose Rizal Youth Awards
(1) The nominees must meet the following eligibility requirements:
a) At least one parent must be a Filipino or of Filipino origin.
b) The nominee must have been an officially registered student for school year 2009 – 2010.
c) The nominee must have received an official academic award, honor, or other similar official recognition from the school that the nominee attended during the school year 2009 – 2010. Honors received should be for the entire school year. We cannot give awards to students from schools that do not give out academic honors.
d) The nominee must not have received any final grade lower than B, 3.0, or 84% in any course/subject.
e) The nominee will likewise provide proof of involvement in extra curricular activities, community service and volunteer service, all of which will be taken into consideration for the selection of awardees.
f) The elementary or high school that the student attended in school year 2009-2010 must be an accredited public or private school in the following jurisdictions of the Metropolitan Washington area ONLY: the District of Columbia; the counties of Arlington, Fairfax, Loudoun, Prince William, Spotsylvania and Stafford and the cities of Alexandria, Falls Church and Manassas in Virginia and the counties of Anne Arundel, Calvert, Charles, Frederick, Howard, Montgomery, and Prince George’s in Maryland.
g) Nominees in the college level and above may be from a school in any jurisdiction or state if they or their parents’ permanent residence is located in the jurisdictions listed above.
(2) All nominations must list the specific awards received by the nominee during school year 2009-2010 only. Photocopies of the awards received or a certification from the Principal, Headmaster or Dean (or an officially designated representative) relating to such award/s should accompany the nomination forms. Please do not send originals.
(3) Copies of the report card or transcript of records for the FULL school year 2009-2010 MUST accompany each nomination.
(4) All nominations must be received at the following address no later than 9:00 PM, Friday, November 12, 2010:
DR. JOSE RIZAL AWARDS COMMITTEE
5213 Heming Avenue
Springfield, Virginia 22151
There will be NO extension of this deadline. It is the sole responsibility of the nominating party to ensure that a fully completed and signed nomination form, along with all the other requirements are received by Rizal Youth Awards Committee by the designated deadline. Late, incomplete, or unsigned nomination forms will not be processed.
(5) Qualified awardees will be notified by the Committee via email, fax or phone.
(6) The Committee, at its sole discretion, may single out deserving students for exceptionally outstanding achievements.
(7) All decisions made by the Committee regarding any and all matters related to the 2010 Dr. Jose Rizal Youth Awards are at its sole discretion and are considered final.
(8) Immediate relatives of members of the Selection Committee are disqualified from nomination.
Download PDF file: Rules.
Download PDF file: Nomination Form.
A joint project of the Philippine American Foundation for Charities, Inc. and the Embassy of the Philippines