23/09/2011: Consular Services in Buford, Georgia
The Philippine Embassy in Washington DC and the Philippine Honorary Consulate General in Atlanta, Georgia are pleased to announce that they will conduct a consular outreach mission in Buford, Georgia on 05 November 2011 (Saturday).
Schedule: 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon and 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Location: RV Industries, 1665 Heraeus Blvd., Buford, GA 30518.
Services To Be Rendered:
- Processing of application for issuance or renewal of Philippine passport
- Authentication and notary services
- Registration of Births and Marriages
- Reacquisition of Philippine citizenship under the Dual citizenship Law
- Registration of Filipinos for Overseas Absentee Voting
Passport Services: Passport applicants are no longer required to bring photographs since they will have their pictures taken using ePassport data capturing machines at the outreach site. However, they still need to bring other necessary requirements, such as their current passport, photocopy of the passport data page, the passport application form which may be downloaded from the Embassy’s website at http://philippineembassy-usa.org/uploads/pdfs/passport.pdf, an application fee of $60.00 (in cash or postal money order payable to the Philippine Embassy).
The application for Philippine passport is strictly by appointment only. The Embassy Consular team will only allot appointments to the first 132 passport applicants. In view of this limited number of application slots and to expedite processing, applicants are advised to APPLY FOR AN APPLICATION APPOINTMENT/SLOT by sending an e-mail to the Embassy at firstname.lastname@example.org. Those applicants who are not able to secure confirm appointments cannot be accommodated.
TO REQUEST FOR AN APPLICATION APPOINTMENT/SLOT:
- Send the e-mail request/application for appointment to the Embassy e-mail address: email@example.com.
- Approved applications shall be informed via e-mail.
- The final list of all applicants with confirmed appointment schedule will be posted at the Embassy’s website www.philippineembassy-usa.org by 21 October 2011.
- Personal appearance is required in all cases (including applicants who are 65 years old and above and minors who are below 18 years old);
- The applicant must wear decent attire (no sleeveless and/or collarless attire) and without eyeglasses/colored contact lenses.
Notarial/Legalization of Documents: Applicants should personally bring their original document to be notarized, together with their original valid photo ID with signature (e.g. Passport or State ID card), and a photocopy each of the document and the ID card. Fee is US$25 per document.
Report of Birth: The birth of a Filipino child in the US should be reported/registered with the Philippine National Statistics Office through the Embassy. See http://www.philippinesusa.info/index.php?page=consular-services-dc/faq-dc/#birth. This is needed if you wish to apply for a Philippine passport for a child born in the US of Filipino parent/s. Fee is $25.00
Report of Marriage: Applicants who wish to change their last name from maiden to married name are required to apply for a Report of Marriage (ROM), if their marriage took place in the U.S. The requirements needed to report a marriage between two Filipinos, or a Filipino and a non-Filipino national, solemnized under the jurisdiction of the Embassy can be found at the Embassy’s website at http://philippineembassy-usa.org/uploads/pdfs/Report%20of%20Marriage.pdf. Fee is $25.00
Dual Citizenship: Applicants may download the application form at the Embassy’s website at http://philippineembassy-usa.org/uploads/pdfs/Dual%20Citizenship.pdf. The photocopies of supporting documents and photographs (6 pcs.) should be attached in the application form, which should be mailed after completion to the Embassy not later than 21 October 2011. Fee is US$50.