12/01/2012: Advisory on Medical Missions to be Held in Cagayan de Oro
January 12, 2012, Washington, DC – The Center for Health Development (CHD) Region 10 of the Philippine Department of Health announced that they accept offers of medical missions in Cagayan de Oro. Following are the requirements:
1. Before arrival in the Philippines
Submit the following documentary requirements to Dr. Arnel Rivera of DOH at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Letter of intent
- Curriculum vitae to include area of expertise or specialization of each of the mission team members
- Current and valid licenses
- Flight details of the mission team (to include date and time of arrival)
2. Upon arrival in the Philippines
The medical mission may report directly to the Regional Health Office in Region 10 or contact Dr. Dave Mendoza at (+63999) 993 1774 for briefing and deployment orders.
Members of medical missions must:
- Be willing to be assigned in evacuation centers or other locations as determined by the DOH for at least one (1) week or so, not transferring on their own to their choice of locations.
- Be sulf-sufficient. CHD 10 cannot provide for their accommodations, food, transport vehicle and other requirement.
- Have their own logistics to use during their entire stay.
- Submit mission report to the CHD 10 copy furnished email@example.com upon completion of mission.
Further queries may be directed to Dr. Arnel Rivera at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (+63928) 394 6756.