10/08/2012: Updates on the Effects of Southwest Monsoon Enhanced by Tropical Storm “Haikui” in the Philippines
10 AUGUST 2012, WASHINGTON, DC. The following updates have been provided by the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) on its report dated, August 10, 7:00 p.m, with regard to the effects of southwest monsoon enhanced by tropical storm “Haikui” that has plagued the National Capital Region (NCR) and various parts of Luzon:
- A total of sixty-two (62) casualties have been reported
- The number of affected persons totaled 2,498,130 / 555,108 families in 1,936 barangays / 149 municipalities / 31 cities in 16 provinces of Regions I, III, IV-A, IV-B, VI and NCR.
- Damaged houses equaled 3,138, of which, 379 are totally damaged and 2,579 are partially damaged.
- The cost of relief assistance provided to those affected is P45,351,268.84. The breakdown is as follows: Local Government Units – P25,478,422.84, Non-Government Organizations – P1,352,100.00, Department of Health – P6,281,513.12 and Department of Social Welfare and Development – P12,239,232.88. Region III received the biggest allocation, based on the extent of damages.
- Thirty-nine (39) cities / municipalities in Regions I, III, IV-A, IV-B, XII and NCR continue to be under the State of Calamity.
Those who wish to provide donations in cash or in kind are advised of the following:
Cash donations may be sent to:
- National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Center (NDRRMC)
Account Name: NDRRMC Donated Funds
Account Numbers: 0435-021927-030 (Peso Account); 0435-021927-530 (Dollar Account); Swift Code: DBPHPHMM Account #36002016
Address: Development Bank of the Philippines (DBP), Camp Aguinaldo Branch, PVAO Compound, Camp Aguinaldo, Quezon City, Philippines 1110
Contact Person: Ms. Rufina A. Pascual, Collecting Officer NDRRMC, Office of Civil Defense, Camp Aguinaldo, Quezon City
Contact Nos.: (632) 421-1920; 911-5061 up to 65 local 116
- Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD)
Account No.: 3124-0055-81
Bank Branch Address: Land Bank of the Philippines, Batasan, Quezon City, Philippines
Contact Person: Ms. Fe Catalina Ea, Cash Division
Contact Nos.: (632) 931-8101 local 226; cell phone: (632) 918-628-1897
- Philippine Red Cross (PRC)
Contact No.: (632) 527-0000
Bank Accounts for Donations:
Banco De Oro
Dollar: 10-453-0039482; Swift Code: BNORPHMM
Dollar: 151-2-151-00218-2; Swift Code: MBTCPHMM
Philippine National Bank
Peso: 3752 8350 0034
Dollar: 3752 8350 0042; Swift Code: PNBMPHMM
Unionbank of the Philippines
Peso: 1015 4000 0201
Dollar: 1315 4000 0090; Swift Code: UBPHPHMM
From PRC website: “For your donations to be properly acknowledged, please fax the bank transaction slip at PRC nos. +63.2.527.0575 or +63.2.404.0979 with your name, address and contact number.”
Donations in Kind
Donations in kind may be sent to the DSWD National Resource Operations Center at DSWD, Chapel Road, Pasay City, Philippines. The contact person, Ms. Francia Fabian, may be reached at tel. no. (632) 918-930-2356. Donors may send ready-to-eat meals and bottled water. Donation of used clothing is discouraged. END.