16/07/2013: CFO Opens Nominations for 2013 MAM Awards
16 July 2013
The Commission on Filipinos Overseas is now accepting nominations for the 2013 Migration Advocacy and Media (MAM) Awards.
Conceived in 2011, the MAM Awards are open to government and private media outlets, institutions and practitioners in the fields of print, radio, movie and television, advertising and internet, based in the Philippines or abroad whose works have raised the awareness on issues of Filipino migration, advocated the cause of overseas Filipinos and/or promoted a positive image of overseas Filipinos.
The Awards are broken down into six categories:
- Print Journalism, for best print media, including magazines, newspapers, newsletters, feature articles, essays, investigative reports and books
- Radio Journalism, for best radio program
- Television Journalism, for best television (TV) program, including talk shows, investigative journalism, TV specials and documentaries
- Film Media, for best films and videos, including full-length films and documentaries
- Interactive Media, for web-based publications, including websites and blogs
- Advertisement, for best print, radio or TV commercial/advertisement
Interested parties are instructed to download a copy of the primer on the Awards at www.cfo.gov.ph for a detailed list of requirements and other guidelines. Additional questions may be coursed through the MAM Secretariat at email@example.com, (632) 552-4761 up to 67 (telephone) or (632) 561-8291 (fax).
Nominations must be submitted on or before 30 September 2013 to the MAM Awards Committee, Commission on Filipinos Overseas, Citigold Center, 1345 President Quirino Avenue cor. Osmena Highway (South Superhighway), Manila, Philippines 1007.
Results will be released on or before 15 November 2013, to be followed by an awarding ceremony in December 2013 during the annual celebration of the International Migrants Day in the Philippines. ###