23/05/2014: Call for entries: IOM Comic Strip Competition
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) and the Philippine Komiks Convention (KOMIKON), in collaboration with UNIO have organized a comic strip competition, in line with the 10th anniversary of KOMIKON.
The aim of the competition is to promote the "Building Back Safer" rehabilitation concept of IOM to help the affected communities in the Visayas.
The comic strip entry should have the following criteria:
- It should have a main character (for example, he/she might be a Barangay Captain in a community that frequently gets affected by natural disasters.
- The comic element is the way this hapless/clever/wise etc. character deals with government/humanitarian agencies with all its odd language, contradictions and ultimate good aims
- Contest is open to all cartoonists both amateurs and professionals.
- Contestants / groups are limited to only one entry.
- Entries should adhere to the given theme. Entries deviating from the theme shall be automatically disqualified.
- Submit soft copies of a series of four comic strips on 3" x 10", fully drawn with stories that could be disseminated weekly.
- Submit entries to email email@example.com.
- Main prize - Apple iPad
- 1 Consolation Prize - P5,000 worth of SM gift certificates
The deadline for submission of entries is on 25 July 2014. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.