15/01/2016: Consular Outreach Mission in Turks and Caicos Islands on 06 February 2016
The Philippine Embassy in Washington, D.C., in cooperation with the Filipino Community in TCI, Inc. is pleased to announce that it will conduct a consular outreach mission in Turks and Caicos Islands on:Schedule:
6 February 2016, Saturday
9:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon and 1:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Department of Environment and Maritime Affairs
National Environmental Centre
Lower Bight Road, Providenciales
Turks & Caicos Islands
Services To Be Rendered:
- Processing of applications for issuance or renewal of Philippine passport
- Processing of civil registry documents (reports of birth and marriage)
- Processing of authentication / acknowledgement of legal documents
Passport Services: Passport applicants are no longer required to bring passport photos since they will have their pictures taken using ePassport data capturing machines at the outreach site. However, they still need to bring other necessary requirements, such as their current passport, photocopy of the passport data page, and the passport application form which may be downloaded from the Embassy’s website at http://philippineembassy-usa.org/uploads/pdfs/passport.pdf. Applicants are advised to bring $60.00 in cash or postal money order payable to the Philippine Embassy, as passport application fee.
The application for Philippine passport is strictly by appointment only. Appointments will be automatically scheduled as they are received. No request for specific time slots will be entertained. Those applicants who are not able to secure confirmed appointments will not be accommodated.
TO REQUEST AN APPLICATION FOR APPOINTMENT/SLOT:
- Send the e-mail request/application for appointment to the Embassy e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org (please put TCI OUTREACH on the subject line), with the following documents as attachments:
- Duly accomplished passport application form;
- Data page (front page) of the old passport.
- In case of change of name for married women, copy of the Report of Marriage or NSO Marriage Certificate.
- The foregoing documents must be scanned and saved in PDF file format (Adobe Reader); documents which are scanned using JPEG format will not be accepted;
- The Embassy will inform applicants by e-mail if the application has been approved.
The final list of all applicants, with the confirmed appointment schedule will be posted at the Embassy’s website www.philippineembassy-usa.org, a few days before the scheduled outreach.
1. Personal appearance is required in all cases (including applicants who are 65 years old and above and minors who are below 18 years old).
2. The applicant must be in decent attire (no sleeveless and/or collarless attire) and without eyeglasses/colored contact lenses.
Report of Birth (to be mailed to the Embassy PRIOR to the outreach): The birth of a Filipino child in the US should be reported/registered with the Philippine Statistics Authority (formerly National Statistics Office) through the Embassy. See http://www.philippineembassy-usa.org/uploads/pdfs-dc/consular-services-dc/faq-dc/#birth for requirements and the application form. This is particularly needed if you wish to apply for a Philippine passport for a child born in the US of Filipino parent/s. Fee is $25.00 in cash or postal money order.
Applicants have to secure an appointment before going to the venue by sending an e-mail request/application for appointment at the aforementioned e-mail address.
Report of Marriage (to be mailed to the Embassy PRIOR to the outreach): Applicants who wish to change their last name from maiden to married name are required to apply for a Report of Marriage (ROM), if their marriage took place in the U.S. The requirements and application form needed to report a marriage between two Filipinos, or a Filipino and a non-Filipino national, solemnized under the jurisdiction of the Embassy, can be found at the Embassy’s website at http://www.philippineembassy-usa.org/uploads/pdfs-dc/consular-services-dc/faq-dc/#marriage. Fee is $25.00 in cash or postal money order.
Legalization of Documents: Applicants should personally bring their original document to be authenticated/acknowledged, together with their original valid photo ID with signature (e.g. Passport or State ID card), and a photocopy each of the document to be authenticated and the ID card. Fee is US$25.00 in cash or postal money order, per document and/or per copy. Applicants also have to secure an appointment before going to the venue by sending an e-mail request/application for appointment to email@example.com (with TCI OUTREACH on the subject line).
Documents to be authenticated/acknowledged will be processed at the venue, whenever practicable. Otherwise, they will have to be brought to the Embassy in Washington, D.C., for processing and will be sent by mail to the address of the applicant.
Passport applicants are advised to bring their own self-addressed stamped envelopes, which will be used to mail the new passports after about 6-8 weeks. The Embassy will issue another advisory closer to the date of the outreach on alternative cost-effective courier services that may be availed of for this purpose.
ON THE SUBJECT LINE OF YOUR E-MAIL, PLEASE INDICATE; TCI OUTREACH. APPLICATIONS WITHOUT IDENTIFIED OUTREACH CANNOT BE SCHEDULED.