09/09/2016: Consular Services to be rendered at the Philippine Honorary Consulate in Miami, September 23 and 24
A representative of the Philippine Embassy in Washington, D.C. will be at the Philippine Honorary Consulate in Miami, Florida on 23 and 24 September 2016 for passport renewal applications and provide other consular services.
Applicants must make an appointment to secure a slot during the 2-day visit, by sending an email to email@example.com (copy furnish: firstname.lastname@example.org). Among the consular services that will be offered are the following:
- Philippine passport applications
- legalization of documents (acknowledgment, authentication, etc.)
- receipt of Reports of Birth, Marriage and Death
- no applications for dual citizenship will be accepted at this time, as oaths of allegiance must be administered by the Philippine Consul General or Consul
The complete list of requirements for the consular services enumerated above may be found at http://www.philippineembassy-usa.org/philippines-dc/consular-services-dc/. Those intending to renew their passports using their newly-married surnames may refer to the following link for the list of requirements, http://www.philippineembassy-usa.org/philippines-dc/consular-services-dc/faq-dc/#changename.
Also, please take note that effective 01 July 2016, pursuant to Department of Foreign Affairs guidelines, all applicants for passport renewal holding manually-scripted passports, machine-readable ready passports (MRRP) and machine-readable passports (MRP), which were issued before March 2010, are required to submit the following:
1. Actual old passport;
2. Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA)-issued birth certificate, original and photocopy (copies may be ordered online via www.ecensus.com.ph); and
3. Proof that applicant has not applied for foreign citizenship (i.e. valid green card, valid visa, dual citizenship certificate, etc).
It is important that applicants with appointments come with all the required documents to avoid the rejection of their application. Please note that all fees are payable in cash.
The visit is made possible with the collaboration and support of Mr. Henry Howard, Philippine Honorary Consul to the State of Florida. The Philippine honorary consulate is located at the 12th Floor, 1200 Brickell Avenue, Miami, Florida 33131. (END)