The Cultural Section of the Philippine Embassy Website
More than the Usual Destination
An archipelago of 7,107 islands,
a country of nearly 90 million people,
a nation with more than 100 ethno-linguistic groups
with a rich history and diverse heritage,
set against natural and man-made wonders
This is the Philippines.
Come visit us now.
(As of 08 March 2010)
|POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Event: Virginia Premiere of Nobody, Nobody But Juan (starring Dolphy)
Venue: The Silo Center New Hope, 8905 Ox Road, Lorton, VA 22079
Time: Show starts at 3:00 p.m.
Note: Event sponsored by Filipino American Youth Basketball Association; Special Guests: Director Eric Quizon and Actress G. Toengi
Contact: For ticket information, contact Russell Casapao at 202-415-0880 or Tess Malagar at 443-538-4603.
|March 04 to April 21, 2010
- Event: Educational Series on Philippine Culture and Speaking in Tagalog
- Venue: College of Notre Dame - Fourier Hall, 4701 N Charles Street, Baltmiore, MD 21210
- Time: 6:30 to 8:00 p.m.
- Note: Classes will be divided into 8 sessions as follows: March 4, 10, 18, 25; April 1, 7, 15, 21; Event sponsored by Katipunan, Filipino-American Association of Maryland.
- Contact: For further details, contact Linda Jacobo at 410.825.2611 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
|March 27, 2010 (Saturday)
- Event: "SpringFest" (A Children's Easter Celebration)
- Venue: Oregon Ridge Lodge, Oregon Ridge Park, Hunt Valley, MD
- Time: 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon
- Note: Event sponsored by Katipunan, Filipino American Association of Maryland
- Contact: For more information, contact Roselle Galicia Baltazar at 410-299-8370, email: email@example.com
|April 10, 2010 (Saturday)
- Event: Induction of Officers/Dinner Dance Party
- Venue: Westin Hotel Tysons Corner, 7801 Leesburg Pike Falls Church, VA 22043
- Time: 7:00 to 12:00 MN
- Note: Event sponsored by the Filipino American Institute of Accountants of Metro DC, Inc.
- Contact: For more information, please contact Edgar Aznar at 703-873-3587, email: firstname.lastname@example.org ; Ramon Calalang at 301-459-1943, email: email@example.com ; David Pagsibigan at 202-353-8532, email: David.M.Pagsibigan@usdoj.gov ; Bobby Tamayo at 703-658-0808, email: firstname.lastname@example.org ; Al Trapal at 571-338-6208, email: email@example.com
|April 17, 2010 (Saturday)
- Event: Tandaan X
- Venue: Jack Morton Auditorium, 805 21st Street NW, Washington, DC 20052
- Time: Doors open at 6:00 PM; show starts at 7:00 PM
- Note: Event sponsored by the Philippine Cultural Society of the George Washington University
|May 15, 2010 (Saturday)
- Event: PAMWE 30th Annual Fundraising Gala (Induction of Officers/Dinner Dance Party)
- Venue: Marriott Crystal Gateway, 1700 Jefferson Davis Highway, Arlington, VA 22202
- Time: 6:00 to 12:00 midnight
- Note: Event sponsored by the Philippine Association of Metropolitan Washington Engineers (PAMWE)
- Contact: For more information, please contact Aylene Mafnas, 703-868-5660, email: Aylene@mris.com; Hedy Leuterio-Thomas, 301-203-1784, email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Al Abastillas, 703-765-5160, ERTO39@aol.com; Paz Gragasin, 703-327-3551, email: SonnyandPaz@verizon.net; Frank Bituin, 703-867-9095, email: email@example.com; Lynnie Ball, 240-216-6295, email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Othello Castro, 571-332-1040, email: email@example.com; Bill Barrientos, 301-785-1778, firstname.lastname@example.org; Pepito Solis, 703-732-0117, email: P2Solis@gmail.com; Alex Miravite,703-451-6055, email: email@example.com
* To post event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org