Overseas Absentee Voting
Under Republic Act No. 9189 as amended by Republic Act No. 10590, all citizens of the Philippines or dual Filipino-American citizens, who are not disqualified by law, at least 18 years of age by 9 May 2022 may register as an Overseas Voter and vote for President, Vice-President, Senators, and Party List Representatives in the upcoming 2022 elections.
The last day to register for Overseas Voting is on 14 October 2021.
Great news! Walk-ins are accepted for OVERSEAS VOTER registrants only. Bring your OV Form, copy of passport and proof of Filipino citizenship (green card, dual identification certificate, and/or recent visa).
- At least eighteen (18) years of age on or before May 9, 2022 National and Local Elections;
- A resident of the Philippines for at least one (1) year and in the place wherein he/she proposes to vote, for at least six (6) months immediately preceding the May 9, 2022 National and Local Elections; and
- Not otherwise disqualified by law.
Any person who has not reached the required voting age or period of residence on the day of registration but will possess such qualifications on or before the May 9, 2022 National and Local Elections, may register as a voter. However, the reception of their applications shall commence only on May 10, 2021 (at least one year prior to election day).
- Any person who has been sentenced by final judgment to suffer imprisonment for not less than one (1) year, such disability not having been removed by plenary pardon or amnesty;
- Any person who has been adjudged by final judgment by a competent court or tribunal of having committed any crime involving disloyalty to the duly-constituted government, such as, rebellion, insurrection, violation of the firearms laws, or any crime against national security unless restored to his/her full civil and political rights in accordance with law; and
- Insane or incompetent person as declared by competent authority unless subsequently declared by proper authority that such person is no longer insane or incompetent.
Any person disqualified to register under paragraphs (a) and (b) above shall automatically reacquire the right to register and vote after the expiration of five (5) year service of sentence.
Where to Register?
All qualified Filipino citizens who are not registered overseas voters may file their applications for registration at the nearest embassy/consulate or other registration centers authorized by the Commission on Elections.
How to Register?
To register, all applicants must personally appear at the nearest embassy/consulate for biometrics capturing and bring the following requirements:
- Fully accomplished OV Form 1.
- Valid Philippine passport;
- Proof of Filipino citizenship
– valid Green Card, valid U.S. visa, and/or Notice of Action
– for dual citizens, Copy of Oath of Allegiance or proof of Philippine Citizenship
- Copy of Seaman’s Book (for Seafarers).
When to Register?
The filing of application for registration/certification for the purposes of the May 2022 elections is from 16 December 2019 to 14 October 2021.
Requests for Transfer of Registration Records may be filed at the Posts or before the Office for Overseas Voting (OFOV) of the COMELEC during the registration period.
Download and view the list of overseas voters due for deactivation HERE.